Disclosure of Material Connection: This is a "sponsored post." The company who sponsored it compensated me via a cash payment, gift, or something else of value to write it. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission's 16 CFR, Part 255: "Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising."
I have teamed up with the Ad Council, the U.S. Department of the Treasury, and the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development to ask for your support in spreading the word that real help is available to families who are behind on their mortgage payments, or worried about how they will make the next one.
I really feel like this is a really great program and couldn’t wait to share this with you!
Nearly one in 17 homeowners nationwide has fallen behind on his or her mortgage payments, putting them at a higher risk of foreclosure. Homeowners should not feel alone, but many do.
That is why the Making Home Affordable® (MHA) program provides free resources and assistance for distressed homeowners who are working hard at juggling expenses to makes ends meet. Many of these homeowners may be unaware that MHA has expanded its options, and may have a solution available to address their particular financial situation. Moreover, the Hardest Hit Fund (HHF) – available in 18 states and the District of Columbia — also helps real people get back on their feet and on the road to financial stability in states hit hard by the economic and housing downturn.
Across the country, more than 1.5 million families have already benefited from MHA. Through the Home Affordable Modification Program (HAMP), homeowners have been able to reduce their monthly mortgage payments by approximately $500 each month. That’s real payment relief.
Are you having a tough time making your mortgage payments and don’t know where to turn? You can head over here and check out these great options that are available to you!
- Home Affordable Modification Program (HAMP) – HAMP® is designed to lower monthly mortgage payments, making them more affordable and sustainable for the long-term.
- HAMP achieves a more affordable payment by adjusting the mortgage interest rate, extending the term of the loan, and reducing or forbearing principal.
- Homeowners have saved about $500 per month.
- Through HAMP, homeowners can get help with their primary residence or rental property.
- Homeowners who owe significantly more than their home is worth (>115% Loan-To Value or LTV ratio) are automatically evaluated for principal reduction.
- Just for making timely payments, homeowners could earn up to $10,000, which is used to reduce the principal balance of their mortgage.
- Hardest Hit Fund (HHF)– HHF programs are designed to complement MHA programs and provide assistance to struggling homeowners, like those in the testimonial videos, through modifications, mortgage payment assistance, and transition assistance programs. HHF programs vary state to state, but often include:
- Mortgage payment assistance for unemployed or underemployed homeowners.
- Principal reduction to help homeowners get into more affordable mortgages.
- Funding to eliminate homeowners’ second lien loans.
- Help for homeowners who are transitioning out of their homes and into more affordable places of residence.
Maxine needed help to save her home; she turned to #MHA and got the help she was looking for. #makinghomeaffordable