Disclosure of Material Connection: I received one or more of the products or services mentioned above for free in the hope that I would mention it on my blog. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission's 16 CFR, Part 255: "Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising."
How many of you have kids in school? If you do, you know how helpful a device that can help them in math and science can be. Check out this awesome device – the TI-Nspire CX Handheld Device can help students in math and science from middle school all the way through college! Here’s how you can use this:
- as a calculator. Every student needs a calculator to help with math throughout their years in school.
- for graphs. Graphing calculators are a necessity in high school!
- for geometry. How cool is this?! This device explore geometric figures and create animations.
- for Vernier DataQuest Application. Haven’t heard of this before? Don’t worry – I haven’t either! You can use this to create a graph hypothesis and replay data collection experiments.
- for lists & spreadsheets. I love me some spreadsheets, so this is a fabulous feature!
- for notes. I use my phone for notes all the time, so this will definitely come in handy.
- for data & statistics. This is a great way to summarize and analyze data from pie charts and other graphing methods.
This is SO different than your typical graphing calculator, which I’m sure many of you are familiar with. I think it is so cool that you can use this for geometry. I was never very good at math, so I totally could have used this when I was in high school! I wonder if it would have enabled me to get a better grade than I did in geometry. And, if your kid take math in college, this is definitely something that they can use for statistics and other difficult classes.
AND, this device has been approved for use for the SAT, PSAT/NMSQT, ACT, AP, IB and Praxis high-stakes exams as well as some state exams. I totally could have used this when I took the ACT!
My son isn’t old enough to use this yet, but when he starts middle school, I’ll sure be glad to have this on hand for him! I’m all for anything that will help in the tough subjects!