Did you know that olive oil is truly a magical liquid? While you might have drizzled it on your pasta or salad with yummy results, the truth is it can deliver results to other parts of your body, and even home as well! In fact, olive oil has uses far beyond the kitchen! Did you know there are uses for it in the bathroom? That it has medicinal properties? Cleansing properties? And can even fix a squeaky door? It is true!
If you have not explored the many uses of olive oil, now is the time! Peek below for 20 tips to get you started. You just might be surprised at how you can incorporate olive oil into your daily beauty, health, cooking, AND cleaning routines.
Ready to get started? Grab a bottle of olive oil and let’s go!
1. Dry weather blues? Slather on olive oil before braving dry weather. It is rich in Vitamins A and E, keeping skin from drying out in the heat while protecting you from UV rays.
2. Lizard like skin? Rub on elbows and knees for intense moisturizing. They will soak it in!
3. Beat stains. For stained nails and fingers, simply add a few drops of lemon juice to olive oil and soak your fingers in it. It really makes your at home manicure luxurious!
4. Dandruff issues? Mix olive oil with almond oil and leave on scalp for five minutes. (If it starts to burn, rinse it out.) Rinse well to clear hair of dandruff.
5. Make a spa bath. Add a couple of tablespoons of olive oil to your bath to calm red, irritated skin. It is a trick salons and spas use!
6. Dry lips? Soothe chapped lips by smoothing on some olive oil. Such a relief!
7. Fight aging. Olive oil makes a great anti-aging moisturizer, since it contains polyphenol hydroxytyrosol (big words!), an antioxidant that helps to hold cell walls intact and thus reduce the signs of aging. Poof! Younger skin!
8. Ouch! Bad sunburn? Mix olive oil with white vinegar and apply before a warm bath to soothe and heal the burn.
9. Crazy hair? Banish frizzy and dry hair by putting a couple olive oil in dry hair and letting it soak.
10. Instant hand treatment. Smooth onto hands before bed, put on white cotton gloves, and wake up with soft, younger looking hands.
11. Boost your manicure. Soak thin, brittle nails and ragged cuticles in a small cup of olive oil to soften, smooth and strengthen them.
12. Beat split ends. Massage olive oil into your hair, then leave hair covered with a shower cap for 30 minutes. Shampoo and discover softer, more lustrous hair with fewer split ends.
13. Sensitive skin? No worries. Go easy on your legs by using olive oil as a shaving cream.
14. Eat your nutrients! Drizzle it over grilled vegetable, meats and salads to improve your health and have radiant skin. Yum!
15. Remove make up with ease. Use olive oil filled with Vitamin E and antioxidants instead of your regular makeup remover and moisturizer to hydrate and renew and smooth.
16. Treat scars. A few drops can heal the skin, especially acne scars. Just blot on with a cotton ball.
17. Repair a squeaky hinge. Wipe olive oil on with a cotton ball or use a spray bottle to lubricate the hinge and eliminate that annoying creak.
18. Shine your shoes the chemical free way! Use olive oil instead. Just buff onto your leather shoes with a cloth.
19. Make silverware shine. Just wipe off any debris and allow the surfaces to dry completely, then pour a little oil onto a clean, soft cloth. Buff in circular motions with firm pressure.
20. Soothe a sore throat. Swallow a tablespoon of olive oil. This trick also works to soothe itchy throats and lubricate the back of the mouth and tonsil area, which may lessen snoring.
As you can see, a bottle of olive oil is just begging to be used! Grab one today and explore all of the uses. Life just got easier, thanks to a simple bottle of olive oil! Who would have thought it?